Find out what’s included, what to expect, and how to make the most of your membership
What to Expect
- Bring your photo ID. Those who are age 16+ will need to bring a photo ID.
- We’ll make your membership scan card when you arrive. You can also download our Y mobile app.
- Everyone on your membership will get a membership scan card.
- Be sure to schedule your free guided workout available for new members.
- Please ask us questions if you have them. Our staff at our Welcome Center and on the fitness floor are happy to help.
- Be sure not to come to the Y if you are feeling unwell or if you have an active or suspected case of COVID-19 or are mandated by the State of Hawaii to quarantine.
- You will be asked to self-scan in using the YMCA mobile app on your phone or your membership scan card. If you forget your scan card or need assistance using our YMCA mobile app, our Welcome Center staff is available to assist.
- Bring a workout towel, a water bottle, and a lock if you’d like to use small express lockers located in our locker rooms or outside of fitness areas.
- Please leave large bags and valuables at home. For storage of keys or personal bags, we ask members to either use an express locker with their own personal lock, or members may wear a fanny pack to store their personal items while exercising. For safety reasons, we do not allow any bags or backpacks on the floor of our facility, and we are not able to store any personal items or bags at our Welcome Center.
- Clean any equipment/machines before and after use (use the provided spray cleaners and paper towels).
Included with Membership
As a member, you have access to all the amenities available at the Y—some are free for members, some have an additional fee, and some are discounted for those with Y family memberships. Not all amenities are available at all locations.
- Membership includes access to all branch locations on Oahu and more than 2,700 YMCA locations across the country. For Y’s on the mainland, just find the Y you want to visit and contact them for details.
- Access to all facility spaces: Fitness center (cardio/strength training equipment and machines, HIIT, functional training), multi-purpose court for basketball, volleyball, and pickleball (Nu’uanu Y only), heated pools, sauna (Nu’uanu Y only), and locker rooms/showers.
- Group exercise classes and pools: Advance online reservations for in-person group exercise classes are optional. Due to popularity, we recommend reservations for pool group exercise classes. Please note:
- Use of our pools are available during scheduled times on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Jazzercise classes (in-person at Kaimuki and livestream) cost an additional $15 per month to participate in unlimited classes for the month. The fee must be prepaid prior to registering.
- Class reservations can be made online using your MotionVibe online account or mobile app up to 2 days in advance, starting at 8 am. Learn how to use MotionVibe and our mobile app—both are free for members.
- YMCA360: 1,500 on-demand and livestream virtual classes, sports, enrichment activities, and personal training.
- Community areas: Where members can socialize, kids can do homework, and seniors can find classes and activities.
- Outdoor playgrounds at Leeward and Windward.
- Guest passes: Your friends and families are welcome at the Y! As a membership benefit, Y members can give complimentary 3-day guest passes to friends and family. Member's guests must register for their guest pass, check in at the Welcome Center with their picture ID, and be accompanied by the member when at the Y.
- Free month of membership: Refer your friends and family to join the Y. If they join, they get their joiner's fee waived (saving $99) and you earn a free month of membership.
Family memberships are the most economical way to join.
- Free Child Watch (up to 2 hours per day and maximum 6 hours per week): Bring your kids ages 3 months to 12 years to the Y while you work out, and they’ll have a blast at our Child Watch centers. Reservations are required and can be made up to 48 hours in advance through Alaris.
- Up to 20% savings on:
- Family membership must be active and current at the time of registration and through the length of the program, camp, or class to receive associated discounts. If a Y family membership is canceled or put on hold, any discounts received on current or future programs will be charged back to the account with payment due immediately.
Tips for Success
The Y is a place for whole-life wellbeing—so please ask questions and try new things to make the most of it!
When you have a question or are interested in trying something new, our Welcome Centers are a good place to start. Additionally, staff are available to help in our fitness centers with questions you might have about equipment or exercises. You can also contact the Service Center at [email protected] or (808) 678-4296, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
How long does it take to build a habit? There are many factors that contribute to building a habit, and everyone is different. However, recent studies have found that on average it takes 66 days for a new healthy habit to feel automatic. Set SMART goals.
Need an extra boost or guidance in reaching your goals? Check out our affordable Personal Training options.